17 year old Jonas Tarm is an active chamber and orchestral musician, soloist, composer and arranger. He’s won multiple awards for both his violin playing and original compositions.
music institute of chicago
Saturday, November 26, 2011 by David Polk
Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 11:00 am - REBROADCAST: Fortis Piano Quartet
On Saturday’s program, we feature an encore broadcast of the Fortis Piano Quartet, an ensemble from the Academy at the Music Institute of Chicago. To listen to the program again, please click here.
Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 11:00 am - LIVE: Merit School of Music Performathon Preview
On Saturday’s live broadcast, we present two chamber ensembles from the Merit School of Music. On February 26 and 27, the school will be presenting its annual Performathon, a free marathon fundraiser for the Alice S. Pfaelzer Tuition-Free Conservatory. Numerous chamber and large ensembles from the West Loop school participate, and WFMT listeners will be more…
Introductions is made possible by the generous support of The Negaunee Foundation, Susan & Richard Kiphart, The Siragusa Foundation, Chet Gougis & Shelley Ochab, an anonymous donor, and the listener supporters of WFMT. This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. Art Works.
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra Performs at Symphony Center
- LIVE: Sofiya Kyrylyuk, 16, viola
- LIVE: Introductions Alumna Kate Liu, Third Prize Winner 17th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition
- REBROADCAST: Gallia Kastner, violin, 2015 Cooper International Violin Competition Winner
- 2015 DePaul Concerto Festival Winners Part 2 of 2; CYSO