A 9th grade cellist who also loves skateboarding, Pierre Vaillant was a scholarship recipient of the Music Institute of Chicago Academy and is assistant principal of the Urbana Pops Orchestra.
|« Oct||Dec »|
Archive for November 19, 2011
Saturday, November 19, 2011 by David Polk
Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 11:00 am - LIVE: Merit School of Music Performathon Preview
On Saturday’s live broadcast, we present two chamber ensembles from the Merit School of Music. On February 26 and 27, the school will be presenting its annual Performathon, a free marathon fundraiser for the Alice S. Pfaelzer Tuition-Free Conservatory. Numerous chamber and large ensembles from the West Loop school participate, and WFMT listeners will be more…
Introductions is made possible by the generous support of The Negaunee Foundation, Susan & Richard Kiphart, The Siragusa Foundation, Chet Gougis & Shelley Ochab, an anonymous donor, and the listener supporters of WFMT. This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. Art Works.
- REBROADCAST: Fortis Piano Quartet
- Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra Performs at Symphony Center
- LIVE: Sofiya Kyrylyuk, 16, viola
- LIVE: Introductions Alumna Kate Liu, Third Prize Winner 17th International Fryderyk Chopin Piano Competition
- REBROADCAST: Gallia Kastner, violin, 2015 Cooper International Violin Competition Winner