In a program from 2011, Andrew Patner celebrates WFMT’s 60th Anniversary with music and reflections of years-past.
Select a Date
|« Nov||Jan »|
Critical Thinking: Music and Reflections on WFMT’s 60th Anniversary (rebroadcast)
Monday, December 12, 2016 by Matt DeStefano
« Previous Post: Miranda Cuckson plays Nono (rebroadcast)
Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10:00 pm - Susanna Mälkki (Conductor)
In a program from 2003, Andrew Patner’s guest is Finnish conductor Susanna Mälkki.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan