In a program from July of 2011, Andrew Patner presents a program of music by American composers and performers — local performers and a number of local composers — featuring recordings from the Chicago Clarinet Trio (including composers Max Raimi and Larry Combs [!]), soprano Christine Brewer in recital with pianist Roger Vignoles, and jazz vocalist Carole March more…
Select a Date
|« Jun||Aug »|
Archive for July, 2016
Monday, July 25, 2016 by Matt DeStefano
Monday, July 18, 2016 by Matt DeStefano
In a program from November of 2009, Andrew Patner’s guest is French-born pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan