With the acclaimed Steve James documentary on the late Roger Ebert, Life Itself, now in theaters, Andrew rebroadcasts his commentary from Roger’s death in April of last year.
Select a Date
|« Jun||Aug »|
Archive for July 16, 2014
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 by Matt DeStefano
Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:00 pm - Jeremy Denk (Rebroadcast)
In a program that first aired on June 4, 2012, Andrew’s guest is pianist and writer Jeremy Denk, who was then in town for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s Keys to the City Piano Festival.
Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00 pm - Matthew Aucoin (composer, conductor, pianist)
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan