The recent announcement that the third $1-million Birgit Nilsson Prize in music would be awarded to the Vienna Philharmonic prompted Andrew to re-air this commentary from last year concerning the report which confirmed the Vienna Philharmonic’s Nazi ties.
Select a Date
|« Mar||May »|
Critic's Choice: Vienna Philharmonic’s Nazi Ties (Rebroadcast from 2013)
Saturday, April 26, 2014 by Matt DeStefano
One Response to “Vienna Philharmonic’s Nazi Ties (Rebroadcast from 2013)”
Leave a Reply
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Bryant Manning: Mysteries Abysmal
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- Tonic Blotter
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan