Andrew remembers legendary CSO trumpeter Adolph “Bud” Herseth in this Critic’s Choice commentary.
Select a Date
|« Mar||May »|
Archive for April 17, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 by Matt DeStefano
Monday, June 6, 2016 at 10:00 pm - Donald Nally, conductor (rebroadcast)
In a program from 2009, Andrew Patner is joined by then-chorus master of the Lyric Opera of Chicago, Donald Nally, discussing and playing recordings of Nally’s Philadelphia-based contemporary choral group, The Crossing.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan