Andrew talks with Andreas Mitisek, the new general director of Chicago Opera Theater. COT opens its 2013 season, the first planned by Mitisek, this Saturday with “The Fall of the House of Usher” by Philip Glass, at the Harris Theater in Millennium Park.
Select a Date
|« Jan||Mar »|
Archive for February 18, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013 by Matt DeStefano
Monday, June 1, 2015 at 10:00 pm - Giacinto Scelsi (rebroadcast)
In a program that first aired July 23, 2007, Andrew Patner presents a program of music by the pioneering and independent 20th century Italian composer Giacinto Scelsi, 1905-1988.
Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00 pm - Matthew Aucoin (composer, conductor, pianist)
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan