Andrew is joined by French conductor Emmanuel Villaume in a new program discussing a conductor’s life today. Mr. Villaume is currently leading the first of two runs of Puccini’s “La Bohème” at Lyric Opera of Chicago.
Select a Date
|« Dec||Feb »|
Archive for January 28, 2013
Monday, January 28, 2013 by Matt DeStefano
Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 6:00 am - Baseball Poet (rebroadcast)
From the September 2009 issue of Poetry, Andrew shares a poem by former Tampa Bay Ray outfielder Fernando Perez.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Studs Terkel Program on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Bryant Manning: Mysteries Abysmal
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- Tonic Blotter
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan