Conversation and music with eminent pianist, scholar, and critic Charles Rosen, who died yesterday at the age of 85. Andrew rebroadcasts this first of a pair of conversations with Rosen, which took place five years ago on the eve of his 80th birthday.
Select a Date
|« Nov||Jan »|
Archive for December 10, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012 by Matt DeStefano
Monday, December 22, 2014 at 10:00 pm - Merry Mary — A 1973 Chicago Children’s Choir Christmas (rebroadcast)
Mary had a baby. The Chicago Children’s Choir merrily sings about this event (and more) on a 1973 Brewster LP recording Andrew shares.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Bryant Manning: Mysteries Abysmal
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- Tonic Blotter
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan