Here is the full version of my Saturday February 20 Chicago Sun-Times review of the Thursday February 18, 2010, all-Stravinsky concert by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra with guest conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, vocalists including mezzo Michelle DeYoung, and the men of the Chicago Symphony Chorus. Igor Stravinsky, designer Ewald Dülberg, and conductor Otto Klemperer at more…
Select a Date
|« Jan||Mar »|
Archive for February 20, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010 by Andrew Patner
Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:00 pm - From the Kitchen Counter (rebroadcast)
In a program from 2013, Andrew presents a collection of music which had been sitting on his kitchen counter.
Andrew’s 2005 interview with Studs Terkel
Studs discusses his book AND THEY ALL SANG: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey.
"It is the only interview that I know of done with Studs where he discusses in detail his passion for opera and opera singers including Rosa Raisa, Lotte Lehmann, and "his" diva, Claudia Muzio. Studs also talks about his disc jockey days in general and the music editions of The Best of Studs Terkel on WFMT. We play opera scenes with Raisa, Lehmann, Muzio, and a song by Woody Guthrie as well." -Andrew
To download an MP3 file of this interview, right-click on link below (Mac users control-click).
Music [Mostly] Blogs
- Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise
- Brian Dickie: Life after 50 years in opera and still counting......
- Detritus Review, The: Empiricus and Sator Arepo
- eighth blackbird: thirteen ways
- Gavin Plumley: Entartete Musik
- Jens F. Laurson: WETA-FM
- John Gibbons: Holde Kunst
- Joshua Kosman: On a Pacific Aisle
- Marc Geelhoed: Deceptively Simple
- Nico Muhly
- Opera Chic
- Opéra Chanteuse
- Russell Platt: Goings On
- Steve Smith: Night After Night
- Timothy Andres
- wellsung: Alex and Jonathan